Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Finished dress photos!

So, here are the photos of the finished dress on me. Photos are courtesy of my little sister H. Please excuse the background--our back yard is primarily functional, and as such, I had a choice between the basketball hoop, the trampoline, the vegetable garden, the compost heap, or the chainlink fence and the neighbor's yard.

First of all, a full length shot:


Next photo shows the slight fitting issue that I didn't notice until it was too late: the bodice front is slightly too wide, and it wrinkles and gaps a little bit if I don't stand perfectly straight:

You can also see the tiny pucker in the front of the skirt, but that was just a little tuck I accidentally sewed in there and didn't fix--it's hardly noticeable in real life, due to the busy print.

I'm very glad I underlined the skirt. I really did it for modesty reasons, but I love the slight stiffness the skirt has. It doesn't spin terribly well, since it's not very full, but H did manage to get a pretty good spin photo, which I will post because of my obsession with spinning photos.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Very pretty dress - you did a great job!

Branka said...

I was so happy to see this post today, and with pics yaaay!
Good job on the dress, and the pics are so nice!

Sophie Miriam said...

Thank you!

Teresa said...

Well you sure look grouchy. Smile, you have that pretty dress, AND me as a sister! :P

Blogs I read