Thursday, May 20, 2010

Here are some pictures!

I found my camera! I have a real problem with losing things. Today alone I had to look for my math book, my gardening gloves, and my camera. I have no idea what I will do next year, when I have no family around to tell me that my gloves are in the closet with the work gloves (which is odd, because I could have sworn I left them in my bedroom!) and the camera is in the cabinet in the kitchen. My math book still hasn't turned up.

Anyway, here are some fabric pictures. This green and purple and blue flowered seersucker will become New Look 6699. Technically, it is already in the process of becoming NL 6699. For some reason, my camera utterly failed to pick up the seersucker texture, but it really is seersucker. I have slightly under a yard left of this, and barring another problem which requires a pattern piece replacement, I'm thinking it would make a cute top for my six year old sister J.

This green flowered fabric is going to be a coat for Teresa. In reality, the green is slightly brighter than shows up in the photo (at least on my monitor) but it's pretty close. This is going to be lined with dark green silk from my stash. However, since Teresa will be at Notre Dame in the fall, I want to make this wind proof. I am going to buy some windbreaker fabric and underline the coat with it, but I haven't yet gotten around to figuring out what kind to order.


This denim comes from Lura's Fabric Shop. I ordered from this store at the recommendation of the Selfish Seamstress. I had no problems with my order, and I, too, recommend them. I will warn you that shipping and handling charges are a flat rate of $11 or so, which is pretty high if you're not ordering much fabric. However, their prices are quite cheap even with the shipping factored in! I got three yards of the denim on the right for about $32 including shipping! Not bad, not bad at all. My picture makes the denim look a little bit more gray than it is in real life. It's a very dark blue. This denim will become two pairs of jeans for Teresa. I like the idea of topstitching one of the pairs with rainbow thread, but I haven't yet dared to bring this idea up to Teresa. I'm pretty sure she'll think it's silly.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Yeah, you're right. Seriously?

Actually, upon further reflection, I think it would look cool. Hmm.

Branka said...

Glad to see you found your camera Soph, please don't lose it again:)
That's pretty fabric, i'm a sucker for floral prints.. can't wait to see the final result. Oh, and where is the prom pic?? Come on!
xoxo

Sophie Miriam said...

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the prom pictures too. :(

Blogs I read