Saturday, May 8, 2010

Some pattern lust for all to enjoy

I was feeling a little down yesterday afternoon, so I thought I would cheer myself up by looking at some lovely dress patterns. I am always on the lookout for a pattern to recreate a lovely shirt dress I got on clearance from Kohl's a while back. I found one that isn't perfect, but works fairly well, namely Butterick 5315:
The actual dress I own has buttons all the way down and a slightly narrower skirt, but this is definitely the closest I've seen yet.

While I was searching, I found a whole bunch of other patterns I like. While I certainly don't need any more patterns of any type at all, I saved some of my favorites, and I thought I'd post some of them here. That way, if you find one at a yard sale, you can buy it and mail it to me. Just kidding.

First on my favorites list is Vogue 1102: Can you say adorable? I love the bow and I love love love the full skirt. I think I would change the back, though--I'm really not comfortable with showing that much skin. I'm trying to figure out how to do that without making the bow invisible. Maybe if the dress and back were black, and then the bow and an added trim around the edge of the dress were hot pink or bright blue or purple. Or maybe make the back black tulle or organza or something sort of seethrough. I'm worried that would have the effect of fishnet stockings, though.

The next dress is Butterick 4386:
I don't actually think I would wear it, at least not in that pink, but I like the bow, and I like the contrast collar a lot.

This is Simplicity 2444: I really like the bow here. I'm starting to think I have a thing for bows. Maybe I should get or make something with a bow on it. Like one of these dresses. (Someone, please tell me I don't need more patterns, and my bank account *really* doesn't need me to have more patterns.)

Last but not least, McCall's 2607:

This is not a pattern I would actually buy, but I was happy to see it. I've got a princess seamed dress pattern that I altered to fit myself, and I've always wanted to try adding gores (or godets? I can never remember which is which) into the seams. The fact that there's a pattern with a skirt like that gives me hope. At least I think that's what going on in the skirt of the white version, and maybe the green one too. It's a bit unclear.

(I think the formatting may be slightly off here. Sorry about that. It's hard with so many pictures.)

No comments:

Blogs I read