Monday, June 7, 2010

Playing catch-up

(Apologies in advance for any typos in this post. My keyboard is not behaving--my "n" key and my "u" key and my spacebar are all sticking. Sorry!)

I finished my Jalie 2908 stretch poplin jeans. They're okay. The hips fit well (after literally an hour tweaking the fit), but the waistband doesn't. It fits perfectly at the bottom and then gaps out at the top. This can be fixed with some tucks or darts in the front of the waistband, I think. However, what really bugs me about the waistband is that it looks like it's way too tight, even though it isn't. Partly, I think this is the zipper, which is weirdly put in, but it's also the button, which is very crooked for some reason. Oh well. At the risk of sounding lazy, I probably won't lose too much sleep over this, since my shirts cover my waistband anyway. This picture shows how the waistband manages to gap out and look too tight at the same time:

Teresa's first pair is coming along nicely. In an effort to make the waistband look less tight, I overlapped the front edges over the zipper more. See?
Hmm, that picture stinks. Maybe you don't see. Oh well.

My favorite part of Teresa's jeans is the pocket lining. I cut it out of some blue button fabric which would have been cute without the fabric's history. What makes the fabric special, though, is that our mother sewed Teresa a pair of shorts out of the same fabric when she was little. I was so pleased when I found the scraps. Now Teresa will have a pair of jeans that reminds her simultaneously of me and of Mama.

In something sort of sewing related, I won a blog giveaway! Andrea from Invisible Flower was giving away a skirt. I got it in the mail yesterday, and it fits very nicely. She also threw in four patterns, all of which I love! Thank you, Andrea! I doubt I can take a photo of the skirt that looks better than the one she took, so I'll just link to the giveaway post. Isn't it pretty?

Oh, and last but not least--I actually have a good excuse for my lack of posts recently:

No comments:

Blogs I read