Friday, October 15, 2010

This is probably a terrible idea

...but I've picked my next sewing project. And it's not one of the ones I already had on my list. It's something new. In very slightly more than a month, there is going to be a formal ball to celebrate the inauguration of the new CUA president. I want to sew myself my dress. I'm thinking to make Simplicity 2498. I would make the version shown in blue. I'm thinking, though, that I would like it in black taffeta, with some sort of pink accent. I'm wondering if there's any way to change that bow in the front to a bright pink sash. Or maybe just make the bow pink and wear a pink necklace? I'm really not sure--what do you all think? I'd love your opinions, and preferably as soon as possible, since I only have a month! Other pattern or color suggestions are welcome as well.

(Don't worry, I have every intention of having a back-up dress. I am realistic enough to know that I may well not have the time for this project.)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I like it a lot. ^_^

Teresa said...

What if you made the dress black and the lace part pink?

Blogs I read