Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Knitting!

I haven't knitted anything in years. It's made my hands hurt too much. However, I've wanted a portable craft project for months now, and so I'm going to give knitting another try. Especially since K asked me to make him something, and what can you really sew for guys? PajamaLink pants? Boring.

So the next project on my list is Vogue Knitting's Men's Cabled Crewneck. Have I knitted in years? Nope. Have I ever done a cable? Nope. Have I ever read a cable chart? Nope. Does that stop me? Nope. Seriously, this project looks challenging but not awful--certainly easier than Fair Isle, and I make my brother a Fair Isle sweater years ago.

We'll see how this goes. I ordered the yarn (navy blue) from Fabric.com yesterday.

(Note: You unfortunately and annoyingly have to make a free account to download the pattern, but you can see the picture without one.)

No comments:

Blogs I read