Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The End Is In Sight

Yes, the photo is terrible, and I am sorry about that. My camera seems to have gone the way of the ivory billed woodpecker. That is to say, there is a slim chance that it may exist still, but if it does, no one knows where it is or what shape it's in, and for all practical purposes everyone acts as though it does not exist.

Anyway, this is the final costume for the Nurse in Romeo and Juliet. You're seeing a shirt, a bodice, a wimple, a veil over the wimple, a bumroll, a petticoat, and a skirt. The shoes don't show, which is good, because she doesn't have them yet. I made the bumroll, the wimple, and the veil. Everything else was pulled from the theater's costumes that they already had.

Romeo and Juliet opens in a week and a half. Then all my sewing for it will be over, and I can go back to doing my own sewing. Or start studying my tail off, as my Greek course starts on Monday. We shall see.

No comments:

Blogs I read