Saturday, June 2, 2012

May wrap up

I didn't get a whole lot done in May! I basically worked on play costumes, with a side step into ancient Roman garb. So my list of finished projects is pretty short:

1. A sewing pattern/fabric purge (not something I sewed per se, but it's a project related to sewing, hence a sewing project. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
2. A tabard for Romeo and Juliet (quite easy, rather boring)
3. Juliet's dress and overdress (a fun challenge since I had to draft sleeves and the entire overdress)
4. K's tunics and toga (and ok, honestly, he did most of the work on that one!)

That's pretty much it! I have done some small repairs and alterations on other costumes here and there, but nothing worth blogging about.

However, I did do a lot of reading this month!
I read:
-The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (re-reads--these are such awesome books!)
-Of Sacraments and Sacrifice (a very good pre-VII introduction to the subject!)
-The books of Tobit, Jonah, and Micah twenty times each and the Gospel of Mark ten times (I have started a project to read each book of the Bible twenty times to gain more familiarity with it)
-The Hunger Games trilogy. (I have to say, I wasn't expecting a lot from the Hunger Games, so I was very nicely surprised! Although I do think she dropped the ball a bit in the third one...there wasn't really much in there that I haven't read before.)
I know there were a few other books, but they're not coming to mind. I wrote down my list, but then I lost it moving home from college. Oops.

No comments:

Blogs I read