Saturday, July 7, 2012

This Week's Work: Romeo and Juliet!

 Cam at A Woman's Place....Depends on her Vocation! is hosting a link-up of the work people did this week, This Week's Work. (Note: Cam is one of my favorite bloggers. She is a gifted seamstress who sews beautiful things for herself, her children, and her Etsy shop, but her blog also contains many posts on Catholicism, morals, and politics. It is not a sewing-only blog by any means. If this doesn't sound like your cup of tea, you have been warned!)

Anyway, the work I have been doing in the past week is mostly translating Xenophon's Anabasis, and recovering from getting sick over the 4th of July vacation. (No, not that kind of sick...the flu or something!) What was that about it never rains but it pours?

So I will share some pictures of the last month's worth of work...the Romeo and Juliet costumes! Due to the aforementioned class and the fact that I am going to Virginia tomorrow and can't work, I don't have a whole lot of time, so I will show four pictures, with more to come.
Benvolio in his doublet, which I sewed myself, after adapting it to fit him.

H, as the nurse, with Juliet.

Juliet and her father, Lord Capulet

Romeo and Juliet in the tomb
Flash photography was banned, so the photo quality is pretty poor! I will have to do some substantial editing to get other pictures blog ready, and that's saying something, because you can tell my standard of blog-ready isn't very high!

No comments:

Blogs I read