Monday, September 3, 2012

Jelly in Pictures, Part 2

(Here is part one.)

After you have made the juice, you have to turn it into jelly. Essentially, you add a bunch of sugar and cook the sugared juice until it's reaching the jelling point (8* above boiling).

Here is the process in pictures.
The juice with the sugar, cooking. I put the sugar in too early, but it doesn't seem to have caused a problem.
A tricky part (for me) is remembering that all the jars and lids have to be sterilized! I did it in a steamer basket, but you can use paper towels and a pot with water in it just as well.

A jam funnel makes it easier to not get jelly on the threads of the jars.

The finished product!
 Except, there's a little lie there. The picture above is not the finished product. My jelly has turned into a three step process again! Stay tuned for part 3, which will come as soon as possible, pending schoolwork.


No comments:

Blogs I read