Thursday, January 10, 2013

Success of a non-textile kind

Yesterday, my father and I spent the day at Blackwater Wildlife Refuge on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. We had a great day and saw about 30 species of birds, some of which we'd never seen before! Here are a few pictures that I took.
This is the sign you see at the beginning of Wildlife Drive. Apparently they have Delmarva Fox Squirrels, although sadly we didn't see any.
There were so many Tundra swans and Snow geese there. When you got out of the car, you could hear their wings from several hundred feet away.
I have no idea what this is. Ideas?
There were lots of Bald Eagles flying around. We saw one on probably six or eight occasions.
J had begged me to bring back a picture of an eagle "in the wild" and luckily for her, I managed to bring back some adequate ones. (My new camera has a very nice zoom!)
Freedom! Democracy! All that jazz!
And this snake, whatever it is. Anyone a snake guru?

No comments:

Blogs I read